In order to become an auctioneer, one must complete eighty (80) actual hours of auction instruction from an approved pre-course provider before they are eligible to take the State Exam.
Midway Auction School was the first Auction School approved by the Indiana Auctioneer Commission to teach both Pre-Licensing and Continued Education for Indiana Auctioneers. We are proud of our reputation of excellence with over 94% of our students passing the state exam.
Midway Auction School wants to ensure that all our students are set-up for success once they leave our facility. We are not just holding classes for passing the State exam, we concentrate on all aspects of the business. As a requirement of our Pre-Licensing Class, each one of our students attend and assist in one of our auctions at Midways Auction Company. While helping at the sale, each student has the opportunity to overlook clerking, cashiering, auctioneering, ring work and all aspects of the business. Also, as a part of the class, each student receives a text book to take with them for future references. We pride ourselves in being available for questions even after the student has a license.
Why Choose Midway Auction School?
• We are the oldest Indiana State Approved Auctioneer School. PLUS, we were the first school approved in Indiana by the Indiana Auctioneers. Commission to teach both Pre-licensing and Continued Education.
• We specialize in training only Indiana Auctioneers. That means we can provide you with a complete education covering Indiana requirements for auctioneers and having an auction business. Some schools take in students from all different states, therefore, only being able to provide more of a general course instead.
• Our Pre-Licensing Class is held at our Midway Auction House, so you will get the total experience of observing and working the auction profession along with receiving the best curriculum to learn not only how to be an Auctioneer but how to have an auction.
• All our instructors are actively licensed Indiana Auctioneers. They are not only successful in this profession, but other business areas as well such as legal matters and business owners.
• Unlike other Auctions Schools, we offer our students the flexibility of 3 different class schedules that will suit anyone’s needs. Whether you are trying to complete your auctioneer training in the shortest time possible or trying to work around an existing career or busy family life, we are sure to have a class schedule that will suit your lifestyle.
• We offer the lowest available Tuition Cost for Pre-Licensing in the State of Indiana.
• Payment Plans are available with our Two Week or Evening Class Sessions. Whether you’re on a budget or living from paycheck to paycheck we can help you with our “Pay as you go” Payment Plan. *Please contact us for more details. Enrollment in a Saturday or Evening Class is required.
• We provide full support after graduation for all our students. We will always be available to answer any questions and we can even help advise and assist you with your first live auction. We consider each and every student a part of our Midway Auction family.
• Our goal is your success and to prove that we have had a passing rate for the State Exam of over 94%! We keep our class size to a maximum of ten students so that we can focus on the individual learning needs that each student may need.
Ready to Enroll? CLICK HERE!